It’s that time of year when many of us excitedly write down our new year’s resolutions with the hopes of achieving a better self in the year ahead. But for others, it can be a disheartening reminder that we haven’t yet achieved the goals we set out from the year past.
This is often true for those of us who are looking for meaningful work but haven’t yet found it.
- Have you sat in front of your computer for hours on end looking for a job?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by the hundreds of job search results, and struggle to find the right one for you?
- Do you send out countless resumes in response to job postings that sound perfect for you, only to hear nothing in return?
The worst part is, the more resumes you send out and hear nothing back, the lower your confidence and motivation become. Sound familiar?
The hardest job that you will ever have is the job of looking for work.
The good news is that you are not alone. The Minerva Helping Women Work™ program is designed specifically to help you and like-minded professionals find meaningful work.
Here are some of the benefits of taking part in the Minerva Helping Women Work™ program:
- Meeting every week with a group of professionals just like you who have a similar goal of finding work
- An opportunity to connect with peers, facilitators, certified coaches, industry professionals and mentors who come together to encourage and support you with relevant and progressive job search information and tools
- Being accountable to someone for your daily goals and actions of finding work
- Getting tips on how to be effective at networking for the purpose of finding work
- Learn what employers are currently looking for in a resume and during an interview
- Learn what you need to improve on if you’ve experienced applying for jobs for weeks – even months – and not receiving a call or second interview
- Learn how to target your job search with what you want and align it with your skills, education, experience and interests
- Allowing yourself to be supported through the job of finding work will result in increased confidence, motivation and knowledge
- Finding a fulfilling and meaningful job is the added bonus
The Minerva Helping Women Work™ programs offer all of these support opportunities and more to educated and experienced women who have been out of the workforce for a period of time, who are in career transition and who are looking for meaningful work.
Almost 600 women have been supported in finding meaningful work during one of our Minerva Helping Women Work™ programs. 86% of those women have moved into fulfilling and meaningful opportunities, all because they were open to receiving help and being supported by other professionals during a very challenging and humbling time.
So what next?
Treat yourself this holiday season. Apply now for our next Minerva Helping Women Work™ Career Kick-Start program and let us help you by providing all of the support, direction and skills while you search for your dream opportunity.
Deadline for applications is Friday, January 3, 2014. Find out more here.