Women Leading the Way™ is a part time leadership development program for established and emerging leaders. Grounded in the principles of values-based leadership, our program has transformed the careers of hundreds of women with its unique approach.
We just completed the January session and are busy planning for the next cohort. Due to the ongoing recommendations regarding COVID-19 and social distancing, we intend to deliver this program using a blended approach: some online content, video-conferencing, and where possible in-person meetings.
Dates for the January 2021 session will be posted soon. Please keep an eye on this page, or sign up for our newsletter to get updates!
If you want to hold your seat, feel free to complete the application form anytime.
Women Leading the Way™ focuses on:
- Self-Knowledge: define your core values, identify your strengths and explore your personal leadership style
- Leading Others: learn how to inspire, engage and lead diverse teams
- Increasing Impact: enhance your communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Transforming Work: lead change and drive innovation
- Being Authentic: align your leadership actions with your values and strengths
- Women Leaders: explore the unique challenges faced by women leaders and how to overcome them
Benefits to You
- Understand your purpose and motivation as a leader
- Grow your impact with the people and teams you lead
- Feel confident in your ability to take on new challenges and opportunities
- Expand your professional network for support, advice and inspiration
Benefits to Your Organization
- A proven strategy for developing women leaders
- Increased engagement and commitment
- Enhanced leadership capacity and performance
- Make progress on gender equity and diversity initiatives
“Women Leading the Way™ is one of the most meaningful things I have done in my career. Through this course I gained a greater understanding of my personal priorities as a leader, developed my skill set and established a new and diverse professional network.”
We offer two days of interactive, in-person training per month, for six months – plus a four-month leadership project to integrate learning. That’s over 100 hours of dedicated leadership learning!
The classroom component of the program includes 12 full day sessions. Each session features expert facilitation, group-based discussion, individual reflection, and hands-on activities. You will also gain insight from guest speakers and panelists – accomplished leaders who share their candid perspectives on a variety of leadership topics.
The strong group dynamic which exists within the Women Leading the Way™ program greatly enhances the learning process and your career development. Over the six months, your cohort will grow into a tightly-knit network, enabling you to establish meaningful connections with leaders across different sectors.
The women in your cohort will become your peers and your champions. This is one of the lasting benefits of the program!
After you complete the classroom sessions, you will engage in an independent leadership project. This is an opportunity for you to apply and integrate your learning. This can be a work-related project or a personal project. After four months, we invite you to return and present your project to a panel made up of Minerva staff and business leaders.
We welcome applicants at all stages of career. Most participants enter the program with a combination of post-secondary education, 5+ years of work experience (including community and volunteer work), and hands-on leadership or project management experience. Many candidates are working in industries and organizations where women in leadership roles are under-represented.
This program is open to female, transgender and gender diverse people who are interested in participating in a positive, women-led leadership program.
Although the program generates exceptional outcomes across a range of leaders, Women Leading the Way™ has optimal impact at two levels: emerging and high potential women who want to accelerate their leadership development, and established leaders who want to gain new insights, maximize their impact, and lead change.
Cohorts run beginning in January and September of each year. The in-class sessions are held once per month on a Friday and Saturday from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Cohort 14 – SOLD OUT!
Cohort 15 – January 2021 – dates will be announced in Summer 2020
We look forward to learning with you!
- Regular program fee: $3500 per participant
- Non-profit rate: $3200 per participant
The program fee covers your tuition and program materials and assessments including Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Standout 2.0. The program fee does not cover any travel and accommodation costs associated with attendance.
Minerva is proud to sponsor three bursaries per cohort in honour of past board members that had a meaningful and lasting impact.
- Two 50% tuition bursaries for non-profit or social impact leaders in honour of Filomena “Fil” Nalewajek
- One full bursary for an Indigenous woman in honour of Russ Cook
To apply for one or more of these bursaries, please complete the appropriate section on the application form.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and interviews are conducted as applications are submitted. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide:
- A reference letter from a leader that you have worked with (in a professional or volunteer capacity)
- A current resumé or a brief biography