This program creates direct career impact. Within six months of program completion, participants have:
- Gained more responsibility at work 48%
- Received a new job title 29%
- Secured a promotion 23%
Women Leading the Way™ focuses on:
- Authenticity: amplify your leadership style by grounding it in your core values
- Leading Others: learn to inspire and develop team members while advancing equity + inclusion
- Increasing Impact: leverage your key strengths and enhance your communication skills
- Transforming Work: navigate complexity and drive innovation
- Women Leaders: explore the unique challenges faced by women leaders and how to overcome them
Benefits to You
- Know your purpose as a leader and feel confident in your leadership style
- Grow your impact with the people and teams you lead
- Expand your professional network for support, advice and inspiration
Benefits to Your Organization
- Advance women leaders faster by investing in their development
- Enhance leadership capacity and performance
- Make progress on gender equality
Women Leading the Way™ is offered in a blended online format. The program combines the flexibility and convenience of online learning, with the benefit of real-time interaction with the facilitator and other participants. We have designed the program to provide a high-touch experience with community and connection at the heart of the design. This approach allows participants to self-manage their experience, while benefitting from shared experiences and social interaction with peers.
Women Leading the Way™ is divided into six complementary learning modules:
- Leadership + Authenticity
- Building Effective Teams
- Communicating with Impact
- Advancing Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Leading in Complexity
- Career + Professional Growth
Each module is delivered over a period of three weeks and includes:
Accessed through a secure online learning portal, you will work through learning materials which include concepts, frameworks, and tools, activities and self-reflection. Time commitment: 60-90 minutes prior to the facilitated group sessions.
Facilitated Group Sessions
Engage in a series of 8 high-impact Zoom sessions featuring expert facilitation, group discussion and activities. You will gain insight from guest speakers and panelists – accomplished leaders who share their candid perspectives. Time commitment: 3 hours with breaks.
Peer Learning Sessions
Following the facilitated group sessions, you will work with a small group of peers. These session are an opportunity to apply your learning, get coaching and support, and share your successes in a more intimate setting. Peer learning sessions are participant-driven. Time commitment: 60 minutes.
During the program you will engage in a leadership project. This is an opportunity for you to apply and integrate your learning. This can be a work-related project or a personal project. You will be invited to share your learning at the end of the program.
Cohorts run beginning in January and September of each year.
Cohort 14 – SOLD OUT!
Cohort 15: JANUARY 14 – MAY 20, 2021
- Welcome Session: Thursday January 14 from 12:00-3:00 PST
- Facilitated Group Sessions: Thursdays from 12:00-3:00pm PST on January 21, February 11, March 4, March 25, April 15, May 6, May 20
- Peer Learning Sessions: Schedule is participant-driven
Cohort 16 – SEPTEMBER DATES TO BE CONFIRMED
The regular program fee is $3200 per participant and includes tuition, coaching and access to Minerva’s online learning portal. It also includes the formal assessments used in the program (MBTI and Standout 2.0).
We offer a reduced tuition fee of $2600 for individuals working in the charitable or non-profit sector.
Based on available funding, Minerva offers tuition support to Indigenous women who face financial barriers to participation. We offer this in honour of Filomena ‘Fil’ Nalewajek and Russ Cook – two former Minerva board members who had a significant impact on the organization.
To apply, please complete the appropriate section on the application form.
Women Leading the Way™ is open to self-identified women and gender diverse people who are interested in participating in a positive, women-led leadership program.
To register please complete the application form below.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. There are 24 seats available per cohort.
As part of the application process you will be asked to upload a current resume or brief biography.