Women Leading the Way™ is a 10-month leadership development program for established and emerging leaders. Grounded in the principles of values-based leadership, our program has transformed the careers of hundreds of women with its unique approach.
We believe that knowing who you are and the values you embrace is the first step to becoming an authentic and successful leader.
Women Leading the Way™ focuses on:
- Self-Knowledge: define your core values, identify your strengths and explore your personal leadership style
- Leading Others: learn how to inspire, engage and lead diverse teams
- Increasing Impact: enhance your communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Transforming Work: lead change and drive innovation
- Being Authentic: align your leadership actions with your core values and strengths
- Women Leaders: explore the unique challenges faced by women leaders and how to overcome them
Benefits to You
- Understand your purpose and motivation as a leader
- Grow your impact with the people and teams you lead
- Feel confident in your ability to take on new challenges and opportunities
- Expand your professional network for support, advice and inspiration
Benefits to Your Organization
- A proven strategy for developing women leaders
- Increased engagement and commitment
- Enhanced leadership capacity and performance
- Make progress on gender equity and diversity initiatives
“Women Leading the Way™ is one of the most meaningful things I have done in my career. Through this course I gained a greater understanding of my personal priorities as a leader, developed my skillset and established a new and diverse professional network.”
We offer two days of interactive, in-person training per month, for six months – plus a four-month leadership project to integrate learning. That’s over 100 hours of dedicated leadership learning!
The classroom component of the program includes 12 full day sessions. Each session features expert facilitation, group-based discussion, individual reflection, and hands-on activities. You will also gain insight from guest speakers and panelists – accomplished leaders who share their candid perspectives on a variety of leadership topics.
The strong group dynamic which exists within the Women Leading the Way™ program greatly enhances the learning process and your career development. Over the six months, your cohort will grow into a tightly-knit network, enabling you to establish meaningful connections with leaders across different sectors.
The women in your cohort will become your peers and your champions. This is one of the lasting benefits of the program!
After you complete the classroom sessions, you will engage in an independent leadership project. This is an opportunity for you to apply and integrate your learning. This can be a work-related project or a personal project. After four months, we invite you to return and present your project to a panel made up of Minerva staff and business leaders.
We welcome applicants at all stages of career. Most participants enter the program with a combination of post-secondary education, 5+ years of work experience (including community and volunteer work), and hands-on leadership or project management experience. Many candidates are working in industries and organizations where women in leadership roles are under-represented
Although the program generates exceptional outcomes across a range of leaders, Women Leading the Way™ has optimal impact at two levels: emerging and high potential women who want to accelerate their leadership development, and established leaders who want to gain new insights, maximize their impact, and lead change.
Minerva runs two cohorts each year, starting in January and September. The in-class sessions are held in Vancouver once a month on a Friday/Saturday from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Cohort 14 – starts January 2020
- January 24-25, February 21-22, March 13-14, April 17-18, May 8-9 and June 12-13
- Leadership Project presentations in October
- Regular program fee: $3500 per participant
- Non-profit rate: $3200 per participant
The program fee covers your tuition and program materials and assessments including Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Standout 2.0. The program fee does not cover travel and accommodation costs associated with attendance.
From time to time we have donors who provide tuition bursaries for this program. We currently have the following opportunities available:
- One 50% tuition bursary is available for a woman working in STEM, with a preference given to immigrants to Canada
Minerva is proud to sponsor three bursaries in honour of past board members.
- Two 50% tuition bursaries for non-profit or social impact leaders
- One full bursary for an Indigenous woman
To apply for one or more of these bursaries, please complete the appropriate section on the application form.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and interviews are conducted as applications are submitted. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide:
- A reference letter from a leader that you have worked with (in a professional or volunteer capacity)
- A current resume or a brief biography
Click here to apply to the January 2020 session.